Traveling Apprentice Electrician / Laborer
If you would like to become an Apprentice Electrician, GenPro Energy Solutions is a great place to start your new career. GenPro will train you on the job! The ideal candidate is willing to travel in the multi-state region with extended overnight stays.
GenPro Energy Solutions is the region’s foremost expert on renewable energy integration, energy efficiency, and sustainable energy product offerings. GenPro is focused on four major industry sectors, including energy-efficient lighting systems, solar-powered solutions, solar water pumping and filtration, and power generation.
GenPro Energy Solutions is seeking a traveling Apprentice Electrician / Laborer to work with and learn from a highly skilled team of professionals in the installation and service of LED Lighting and PV solar systems.
Reporting Relationship: Field Operations Manager
Job Grade: $14.51 Hour – $16.50 Hour DOE
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist electricians by performing tasks under the direct supervision of an electrician installing the work and handling bulk of materials
- Load and unload equipment and material to be used on job sites
- Under the direction and supervision of the electricians:
- Operate tools and equipment safely
- Install low and medium voltage cable
- Install wide range of light fixtures
- Install PV solar panels, racking, and associated equipment
- May be required to operate some heavy equipment
- Assist in terminating cable, installing and troubleshooting wiring from drawing
- Assist in layout and preparation for installation of PV solar and LED lighting technologies
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and policies
- Maintain a clean job site
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and abilities:
- Physically able to lift and move objects 10-50 pounds
- Standing/walking for long periods
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift or stretch
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Climbing and descending stairs and ladders
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Strong technical skills
- Must be dependable
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent team player
- Positive attitude
- No prior experience necessary
- Job requires working in all outside elements, depending on job assignment and time of year
- Perform work at various heights (up to 90’) from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, building roofs, cat walks and other areas
- Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics, etc.)
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for at least 8 hours per day and excessive overtime as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver License with acceptable driving record, preferable with CDL
- International travel may be required, Passport eligible
- Willingness to travel in multi-state region with extended overnight stays
- Job requires employees to have personal tools with them at all times
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a background check and drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to a background check or drug testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
GenPro Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.