GenPro Energy Solutions is a dynamic, fast growing business based in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota, but with projects locally, regionally, and across the country and Caribbean. GenPro is on the leading edge of providing efficiency and power generation solutions to residential and commercial customers as well as distributed energy solutions for communities and utilities. Our close-knit but growing team is looking for an innovative and accountable accounting technician to add to our finance and accounting group.
If you are innovative, accountable, and want to be part of developing a team and best processes, you are invited to apply to join the GenPro Financial team as an Accounting Technician.
GenPro Energy Solutions is searching for an individual with great accounting aptitude that can initiate and adapt to the change that is inherent in a fast-growing company. This person will be responsible for general daily accounting duties with an emphasis on accounts receivable and invoicing. They will maintain accounts receivable records by recording and collecting payments, invoicing clients, applying correct taxes in a multi-state construction environment, reviewing and processing client contracts, and actively manage any collection activities. This position will also review, prepare, reconcile, and analyze accounts receivable records for management while actively supporting daily accounting tasks.
Reporting Relationship: Senior Accountant
Job Grade: G-8, $19.49 – $25.78 per hour DOE
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as the primary accounts receivable contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Create invoices and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies, GAAP, and company procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivable data.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending statements and contacting clients.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives relating to billing, invoicing, collections, AIA billing, sales and use tax, and general workflow from project estimation to completion.
- Journal entries and reconciliations to support monthly financial close.
- Initiate and post ACH file receipts.
- Process and post credit card and cash receipts.
- Research and follow-up discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Proficient in NetSuite software.
- Associate degree in accounting; equivalent and proven experience will be considered.
- Experience with construction companies, service companies or utilities.
- Demonstratable experience in multi-state sales, use, and excise tax, and AIA billing.
- Demonstratable knowledge of construction, contract, and time & material billing.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Must have strong work ethic and a high level of integrity.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts, and corporate procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions based on standard policy or procedure.
- This job requires the employee to report to the office for all work performed.
- Accounts receivable practices and maintenance of general ledgers.
- Standard accounting or bookkeeping reporting processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of software programs, including NetSuite, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective customer service practices.
- English grammar usage, spelling, punctuation, and business vocabulary.
- Standard bookkeeping practices.
- Standard office procedures and practices.
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a background check and drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to a background check or drug testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
GenPro Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.