About GenPro Energy Solutions
The Vertically Integrated Solution that Powers The Possibilities
Through a global community focus, we develop, design and integrate customized energy solutions for a sustainable future.
To be the industry leader in a world powered by sustainable energy.
Who we are
People and relationships are the foundation of our business, and when you work with GenPro, you’ll be assured of service that transcends sales. We understand that the only way we grow is by helping you grow, so we take the time to listen, to understand your business and to recommend cost saving, energy efficient solutions that really fit and really work! Our service and support team’s high level of technical expertise ensures you won’t be oversold or undersold. Our dedication to our clients ensures that each customer receives a reliable, system and cost-saving energy solutions every time.
only trust the industry’s best
GenPro was founded by Dwight Patterson in Rapid City, South Dakota as a solar water pumping distribution company. Since day one, GenPro strived to exemplify the core principles of integrity and best-in-class service. Embracing those principles, GenPro quickly acquired many new dealer partners throughout North America. The industry was hungry for education and a no-nonsense product offering. As GenPro’s reputation grew, new business opportunities developed not only domestically, but internationally. Areas such as the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Cayman, Haiti, Jamacia, Turks Caicos, and the U.S. Virgin Islands to name a few. With GenPro’s rapid growth, new talents from inside and outside the industry sector were added to address the ever-changing energy market needs. GenPro is now recognized as the region’s foremost expert on renewable energy and energy efficiency integration.
Today as one of the Nation’s leading Co-Developing EPC’s, GenPro focuses on three major industry sectors including energy management, energy efficiency, and solar-powered solutions. GenPro continues to strategically expand its technology offerings to meet the economic, environmental, and social needs of its clients.
GenPro’s Team believes in the core principle of Servant Leadership. It is the essence of all that we do.
- 2003 Founded in Rapid City, SD
- 2008 First U.S./Canada “fully accredited” Lorentz Master Distributor
- 2009 First NABCEP certified SEI certified, ASES certified design team in South Dakota
- 2010 Largest dedicated full-line energy efficiency distributor in the Mid-Western US
- 2012 Opened GenPro Lighting Solutions in Tampa, Florida to serve the Southwestern U.S. market.
- 2014 Acquisition of PowerPlus Electric, Inc. creating a full-service EPC Division.
- 2018 Acquisition of Dak Generators, a full-service power generation company that specializes in back-up power generation for residential customers, commercial businesses, telecommunications, healthcare, and military facilities.
- 2019 Founded GenPro Advanced Technologies to specialize in the manufacturing of custom retrofits and LED lighting technologies.
- 2020 GenPro launches O&M Services Division to serve solar asset holders nationally.
- Currently, serving 200+ energy-related partners throughout North America supporting active projects in Asia, Africa, Bahamas, Turks Caicos, South America, and the Middle East