GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
GenPro Energy Solutions is a dynamic, fast growing business based in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota with projects locally, regionally, and across the country and Caribbean. GenPro is on the leading edge of providing efficiency and power generation solutions to residential and commercial customers as well as distributed energy solutions for communities and utilities. Our close-knit but growing team is looking General Ledger Accountant to add to our Finance and Accounting Team.
If you are innovative, accountable, and want to be part of developing a team and best processes, you are invited to apply to join the GenPro Financial team as a General Ledger Accountant.
GenPro Energy Solutions is searching for an experienced accounting professional with a background in construction or the service industry. At GenPro, you will be part of a team that is expected to continually improve and passionately support the company’s strategy. You will balance multiple financial priorities and assignments at the same time. In addition to preparing and recording journal entries, you will reconcile financial statements and provide an initial review of periodic financial statements and an explanation of variances. You will be expected to develop and maintain accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Reporting relationship: Senior Accountant
Pay Range: G-13, $68,326 – $90,361 DOE
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and post recurring journal entries.
- Maintain subsidiary ledgers and documentation.
- Create complete and accurate financial statements.
- Determine variance to plan and forecast; provide preliminary variance analysis.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Confirm proper classification of revenue and expense items.
- Prepare job profitability analysis.
- Prepare monthly work in process journal entries and maintain proper documentation.
- Review and verify Cost of Goods sold by revenue class.
- Allocate proper overhead percentage to each revenue class.
- Calculate and process commissions for regional sales representatives.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Provide information to external auditors.
- Assist in budget preparation and presentation.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- Experience with NetSuite ERP.
- Proven working experience as a senior bookkeeper or accountant.
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with construction, utility, or electrical contracting in multi-state regions.
- Experience with creating financial statements and researching variances.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process.
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of the electric and/or renewable energy industry preferred.
- Employee is required to report to the office for all work performed. This is not a remote position.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse business segments positively and effectively within the company.
- Must demonstrate GenPro’s most important core value of servant leadership.
- Must demonstrate the ability to adapt and contribute to the financial operations of a growing company.
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a background check and drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to a background check or drug testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
GenPro Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.