Generator Technician Master – Level III
GenPro Energy Solutions is the region’s foremost expert on renewable energy integration, energy efficiency, and sustainable energy product offerings. GenPro is focused on four major industry sectors, including energy-efficient lighting systems, solar-powered solutions, solar water pumping and filtration, and power generation.
Our power generation team has been in the business for over 42 years. We offer all aspects of power generators for standby, prime, and back-up power production. We install, maintain, and service generators for the residential, telecommunications, industrial, and commercial power generation market.
Reporting relationship: Vice President of Power Services
Starting Pay Range: $30.00 Hour – $38.00 Hour *Based on experience & Knowledge in power Generation
Essential Job Functions:
- Advance knowledge to assist and participate in routine inspections and make modifications to IC engines, diesel generators, and associated equipment.
- Advance knowledge to perform preventative and corrective maintenance on Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) and annunciator panels.
- Advance knowledge in troubleshoot units to identify possible problems engine and or generator
- Advance knowledge in making electrical and mechanical wiring modifications to generator control circuits.
- Advance knowledge in conducting automatic and manual transfer tests of simulated power outages to ensure generators are functioning properly.
- Advance knowledge in testing batteries, fuel coolant, and oil; ship oil samples for analysis.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and policies
- Maintain a clean job site
- Other duties as assigned
- Advance knowledge in electrical, mechanical, thermal, and hydraulic principles and practices.
- Advance knowledge in engine control systems and other program logic controls that are associated with IC power generation.
- Advance knowledge in electrical and mechanical safety procedures.
- Applicable local, state, and national regulations such as SMAQMD, CARB, and EPA.
- Natural Fire Protection Codes.
- Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Appropriate electrical and mechanical personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Industrial Diesel and or Gaseous Industrial engines. Certificate Required `
- Rigging standards and principles of safe and efficient methods for handling heavy objects.
- Computer technology.
Physical Demands and abilities:
- Physically able to lift and move objects 10-50 pounds
- Standing/walking for long periods
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift or stretch
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Climbing and descending stairs and ladders
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Must be dependable
- Strong technical skills
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent team player
- Interpreting electrical and mechanical drawings
- Identifying and repairing problems with engine control systems
- Interpreting schematic diagrams and wiring
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical problems.
- Maintaining records manually and electronically
- Reading electrical and mechanical drawing and prints
- Using electrical testing and calibration equipment
- Using calibrated mechanical tools
- Using stationary machine tooling
- Operating cranes and forklifts
- The job requires working in all elements, depending on job location and time of year
- The job requires employees to have personal tools with them at all times
- Work from all types of ladders
- Perform work at various heights (up to 90’) from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, building roofs, catwalks, and other areas
- Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics, etc.)
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
- Must be able to work at least 8 hours per day and excessive overtime as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience including a minimum of five (5) years diesel service and fleet experience
- (ASE, Cummins, Cat, MTU, John Deere, Isuzu, or Zenith Power certifications preferred)
- Five (5) years’ experience in Power Generation Field
- Minimum of three (3) Manufacturers Power Generation Training Certificates
- Valid Driver License with acceptable driving record, preferable with CDL
- International travel may be required, Passport eligible
- Willingness to travel in multi-state region with extended overnight stays
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Job requires employees to have personal tools with them at all times.
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a background check and drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to a background check or drug testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
GenPro Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.