GenPro Energy Solutions is the region’s foremost expert on renewable energy integration, energy efficiency, and sustainable energy product offerings. GenPro is focused on four major industry sectors, including energy-efficient lighting systems, solar-powered solutions, solar water pumping and filtration, and power generation.
GenPro Energy Solutions is seeking an experienced Project Manager to provide strong leadership on construction projects. Reporting to the Director of Projects, the successful candidates will have full responsibility for his/her portfolio of Lighting and Solar projects and be responsible for completing each project within budget while maintaining or improving the schedule. They will also be responsible for developing and encouraging employees and ensuring the success of their team, direct Supervisor, and the Company.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Projects
PAY GRADE: G-12 $58,071 – $76,799 Annual DOE, Plus Bonus Based on Performance
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage engineering process and approvals with 3rdparty engineering resources, utilities, and clients.
- Build relationships with project team and ensure all lines of communication and reporting are timely and accurate including daily field reports.
- Complete utility interconnection documents accurately and communicate system details with utility officials.
- Manage permitting approval including Special or Conditional Use Permits, zoning approval, building & electrical permits.
- Continuous monitoring of all facets of the project (budget, schedule, change orders, et al).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors, and owners.
- Develop, complete, and comprehend project schedules and procurement.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Ensure timely final close‐out and punch list on projects.
- Identify and resolve design issues with the third-party engineers and project managers for their review and approval.
- Keep accurate project records.
- Lead and/or participate in all project meetings.
- Oversees project design and approval workflow.
- Read electrical plan sets and interpret specifications.
- Receive and interpret the pre-construction documents provided by sales and design teams.
- Analyze project contracts to make sure engineering, product specifications, construction, and project close out fulfill contractual obligations.
- Research building codes and plan implementation of new system design requirements.
- Must be able to handle Design‐Build projects.
- Track and manage numerous projects and communicate milestones to appropriate parties.
- Work with Operations Manager to coordinate internal labor resources.
- Vet and manage all subcontractors hired for a project
- Lead and complete project commissioning and completion reports.
- Write O&M manuals.
- Visit project sites for visual updates on construction activities and prepare accurate notes of site meetings.
- Work with logistics team to make sure all project materials are ordered accurately and delivered to project sites on time and on budget.
- Other duties as assigned
- Sales teams
- Field Operations crews
- Third-party engineers and project managers
- Utility personnel
- AHJs (Authorities that Have Jurisdiction)
- Executive Team
- Finance Team
- Management or project management experience desired, including PV solar, LED lighting and controls
- Experience in design, procurement, and construction of energy systems desired
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience in leading construction or installation teams strongly desired
- Experience managing projects with a budget greater than a million dollars
- Experience managing multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to professionally respond to stressful situations in a friendly, patient, and timely manner
- Working technical knowledge of PV solar installations strongly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management processes required
Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Self-starter with ability to manage details of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to create and edit Excel documents that use mathematical formulas and logic.
- Create, read, and understand construction documents, including electrical diagrams.
- Skilled in drawing review, with an eye for detail and understanding of cross-checking multi-sheet construction sets for accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to consistently and accurately document project details.
- AutoCAD Release 2011 or newer.
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat.
- Math: Algebra, Trigonometry.
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management, or related field required
- Valid Driver License with a clean driving record
- Travel will be required
- Passport eligible
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a background check and drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to a background check or drug testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
GenPro Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.