Senior AccountantPiedmont, South Dakota
Join the Midwest’s largest renewable energy and energy efficiency company! At GenPro Energy Solutions we are developing leaders in an exciting and fast-growing industry! If you have what it takes to step into a fast-paced accounting position, consider joining the Financial team as a Senior Accountant.
GenPro Energy Solutions is the region’s foremost expert on renewable energy integration, energy efficiency, and sustainable energy product offerings. GenPro is focused on four major industry sectors, including energy-efficient lighting systems, solar-powered solutions, solar water pumping and filtration, and power generation.
Manage the activities of the overall general accounting function. Develop and maintain accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Reporting Relationship: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Pay Grade: G-13, $64,458 – $85,246 DOE
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition, and lead accounting staff.
- Coordinate, with the direction of the SVP of Business Operations, the preparation of corporate, budget, and financial reports and forecasts, and variance reports
- Be responsible for and oversee the appropriate application of multi-state sales, excise, and use taxes across all business divisions.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Oversee month-end and year-end close process.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; provide information to external auditors.
- Maximize return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances.
- Employee is required to report to the office for all work performed. This is not a remote position.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Supervise financial staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- Proven working experience as a senior level accountant or accountant.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Experience with construction, utility, or electrical contracting in multi-state regions
- Experience in applying and calculating correct excise, sales, and use taxes in multiple states.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with NetSuite ERP
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Knowledge of the electric and/or renewable energy industry preferred
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse business segments positively and effectively within the company.
- Must demonstrate GenPro’s most important core value of servant leadership.
- Must demonstrate the ability to grow and develop the financial operations of a growing company.
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a background check and drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to a background check or drug testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
GenPro Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.