SOLAR PROJECT DEVELOPER
GenPro Energy Solutions is the region’s foremost expert on renewable energy integration, energy efficiency, and sustainable energy product offerings. GenPro is focused on four major industry sectors, including energy-efficient lighting systems, solar-powered solutions, solar water pumping and filtration, and power generation.
GenPro Energy Solutions has been the Great Plain’s go-to Solar Developer and EPC since 2017. The GenPro Development team was primarily responsible for building the Nebraska solar market which is now a consistent pipeline of community and municipal solar activity. Since then, GenPro has expanded nationally partnering with Developers to build best-in-class solar farms.
GenPro’s Solar Developer will be based out of the Piedmont, SD headquarters and will be primarily responsible for new project development with current and new partners in the DG space. The solar developer will be at the helm of pre-contracting and pre-NTP activities for GenPro solar and solar + storage projects and work closely with project, operations, and finance teams to ensure project pipelines and resources are in alignment.
Reporting Relationship: Executive Vice President of Energy Development
PAY GRADE: To be determined – Based on Experience and Qualifications
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate, develop, and sell MUSH, and DG Utility solar energy projects in the US.
- Prepare project proforma and perform a financial analysis to present to upper management for project approval.
- Perform preliminary site visits for evaluation and feasibility of design including all data gathering for development.
- Support clients with all preliminary due diligence on project development.
- Prepare financial, energy analysis and system sizing analysis for end-user clients; write scope of works for third party subcontractors for project development.
- Assist in Selection of Subcontractors, awarding RFP contracts and assigning work to Subcontractors.
- Responsible for all MV Interconnections and documentation submittals to Utility and Township.
- Responsible for all entitlements, permitting including Special Use Permit applications through State and Federal government agencies, submitting, and obtaining building permits from Townships. Act as liaison and manage relationships with governmental, environmental as well as engineering firms and consultants to prepare all necessary documentation for presentation to the proper authorities to obtain permits and licenses.
- Oversee each phase of a project, including but not limited to coordination and assignment of tasks for internal Project Teams.
- Understand energy policy, relevant state, county, city, and utility codes, procedures, regulations, and interconnection requirements pertinent to projects.
- Set up internal and external communications as they pertain to the project’s development and hold weekly status update meetings with Stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate any project risks and develop mitigation strategies for all GenPro Energy stakeholders.
- Identify and introduce new potential joint venture partners, project acquisition opportunities and green field opportunities.
- Identify and develop relationships with stakeholders; effectively communicate with a range of personalities, including landowners, partners, government officials, technical experts, utilities, and consultants.
- Prepare and present detailed project analysis to key GenPro Energy stakeholders including presentation of key financial metrics.
- Actively participate in development of business case for growth in the North American market.
- Understand, convey, and articulate financial benefits of renewable energy solutions.
- Represent GenPro Energy Solutions in a professional and ethical manner.
- Responsible for all communication between company and client and articulate financial pay backs off renewable energy projects.
- Perform site analysis and obtain client utility bills to perform feasibility studies and financial modeling to present to client.
- Ensure customer satisfaction – both internal and external to the company.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with support group members across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Previous experience (5 years minimum) in a relevant solar energy development position with proven track record of building, leading, and managing a multi-disciplinary team, preferably in the renewable energy or other power generation industry concentration in renewable energy industry is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Physical Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of contract negotiations, legal knowledge and background associated with successful contract management.
- Knowledge of the interconnection process and strategy negotiating offtake agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful project financing experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- General knowledge of the solar, lighting, and water pumping industries.
- NetSuite or other accounting software knowledge desired.
- MUSH and Utility solar design fundamentals including energy production optimization.
- Strong relationship and human relations skills to build, maintain, and enhance relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficient in computer applications: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and ability to learn specialized software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and support internal team goals and external customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- NABCEP Sales certification a plus
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a background check and drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to a background check or drug testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
GenPro Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.