TRAVELING JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN
Join the Midwest’s largest renewable energy and energy efficiency company! At GenPro Energy we are developing leaders in an exciting and fast-growing industry! If you have what it takes to step into a position that has a fast track to leadership, consider joining the Field Operations team as a traveling Journeyman Electrician.
GenPro Energy Solutions is the region’s foremost expert on renewable energy integration, energy efficiency, and sustainable energy product offerings. GenPro is focused on four major industry sectors, including energy-efficient lighting systems, solar-powered solutions, solar water pumping and filtration, and power generation.
GenPro Energy Solutions is seeking an experienced Journeyman Electrician who can work with, learn from, and lead a highly skilled team of professionals in the installation and service of LED Lighting and PV solar systems. The successful candidate must be willing to travel to multiple locations.
Reporting relationship: Field Operations Manager
Pay Range: $30.60 Hour – $37.02 Hour Based on Experience & Electrical Hours
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a team of electricians, both apprentice and journeymen, in the installation, maintenance, and service of lighting, PV solar, controls, generators, and other general electrical systems
- Read blueprints, terminate cable, install and trouble shoot wiring from drawing
- Layout and preparation for installation of PV solar and LED lighting technologies
- Perform all electrical tasks with minimal supervision
- Effectively manage job schedules under high workload conditions
- Fully comprehend and adhere to NEC, NFPA, OSHA, DOT, and other federal and state requirements
- Operate heavy equipment
- Adhere to, and ensure team follows all safety guidelines and policies
- Maintain a clean job site
- Lead by example by working a long side of employees
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and abilities:
- Physically able to lift and move objects 10-50 pounds
- Standing/walking for long periods
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift or stretch
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Climbing and descending stairs and ladders
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Strong technical skills
- Must be dependable
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent team player
- Positive attitude
- Job requires working in all outside elements, depending on job assignment and time of year
- Perform work at various heights (up to 90’) from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, building roofs, cat walks and other areas
- Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics, etc.)
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for at least 8 hours per day and excessive overtime as required
- Valid Journeyman Electrician License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver License with acceptable driving record, preferable with CDL
- International travel may be required, Passport eligible
- Willingness to travel in multi-state region with extended overnight stays
- Job requires employees to have personal tools with them at all times
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a background check and drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to a background check or drug testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
GenPro Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.