Scottsbluff, NE Community Solar
- Date: 2020
- Client: Nebraska Public Power
- Project Type: Community Solar
- Project Size: 5.2MW
Scottsbluff, Nebraska’s 5.2 MW Community Solar project is a part of NPPD’s Sunwise program. The solar array has over 14,000 solar panels, which are installed on trackers that will follow the sun throughout the day. GenPro Energy Solutions was Co-Developer and EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) on the Scottsbluff, NE Community solar project.
SunWise℠ is a community solar program available in the participating retail communities — Kearney, Scottsbluff, and Venango. Community solar is a way for community members to purchase solar energy without having to install rooftop panels on their home or business. Solar subscribers can buy different amounts of solar energy based on their annual electricity usage.*
Advantages of Community Solar verses Roof Top Solar*
- Since there’s no system installed on your roof, you don’t need to worry about maintenance.
- There is no added cost because taxes, insurance, and electrical inspections are eliminated.
- Anyone can enjoy the benefits of solar even if you don’t own a home (single family residences, duplexes, condominiums, townhouses, apartments, businesses)
- Community solar takes advantage of economies of scale, which allows for more efficient and economical energy generation.
- Rooftop solar systems typically require a sizable upfront investment to cover the cost of installation.